A liquid crystal monitor that replaces the original CRT monitor has been developed and has been adopted by some companies. In the publishing and printing industries, the trend of converting from CRT monitors to liquid crystal monitors is strong. With the digitalization of the work flow, color reproduction of printing is expected to be completed on a liquid crystal monitor. This article describes the necessity of soft proofing on the LCD monitor and the possibility of practicing soft proofing.
The advantages and disadvantages of LCD monitor
The advantages of the LCD monitor are summarized below as compared to the CRT monitor.
1) Save space because of a short depth, and consume less electricity (no heat).
2) It is a perfect plane and does not exhibit geometric distortion.
3) There is no focus deterioration and RGB color shift.
4) Long life, less change over time.
5) The arbitrary degree of setting is high.
On the other hand, from the point of view of generalized graphical applications including printing, places that are inferior to CRT monitors include:
1) The color space is narrow.
2) Contrast, chromaticity, and gradation characteristics show a large change in the angle of view.
3) Hierarchical characteristics do not light up.
4) The characteristics of the monitor are uneven (cannot be trusted).
In order to overcome these shortcomings, it has successfully developed a liquid crystal monitor that can replace the CRT monitor.
LCD monitor principle
The operation principle of the liquid crystal monitor is briefly explained, and the pixels constituting the basis are divided into 3 (sub-pixels) for the three primary colors of RGB, and a color filter plate of RGB3 colors is placed in front of them. Applying a moderate voltage to each sub-pixel, the liquid crystal element then changes its angle, thereby controlling the back-illuminated transmission. This amount of transmitted light further penetrates the filter plate, mixing the necessary amount of RGB to represent a particular color.
The color space is determined by the RGB3 color filter plate and the back light color, so the color filter plate has a great influence on the characteristics. In the past, the characteristics of the monitor were biased toward giving priority to brightness, and the color space was generally narrower than the CRT monitor.
At present, the industry standard for monitor features is highly regarded as sRGB, and so far the majority of LCD monitors including notebook PC monitors have a narrower color space than sRGB. The majority of CRT monitors follow EBU (European Broadcasting) Union) standard color space. In sRGB, the green coordinates are slightly different, but they can be said to be roughly the same. sRGB is an RGB operation field in which Adobe's application software is maintained. It also receives general support for the digital camera's color space. Therefore, liquid crystal monitors also advocate maintaining an sRGB (EBU) color space.
Field of view and color
Hierarchical characteristic shifts
Among the characteristics of liquid crystal monitors, the most concerned feature of printing technology users is the angle of view. The definition of the angle of view in the LCD monitor refers to the angle at which the contrast between white and black represented on the screen can be maintained at a certain value (usually 10:1). It does not take into account the displacement of the chroma and the displacement of the layer characteristics. That is, even if the liquid crystal monitor having the same viewing angle characteristics is used in the sample value of the product, the change of the chroma and the change in the gradation characteristic (the phenomenon of whitening of the skin, etc.) hardly appear when viewed from a little point of view. .
From the front, it does not seem to be a problem. However, when viewed from a distance of 50 cm, the monitor on a 21-inch screen is viewed as having a viewing angle of 20 degrees or more and is inevitably affected. If you confirm the screen of the product with your customer, the effect is even more pronounced. This feature depends on the way the LCD works.
- Chop large pieces of fruit, vegetables, boneless meats, herbs, nuts, and even ice by hand with this handy chopper.
- Simply place ingredients in the container, twist and lock the lid, and pull the cord to spin the chopping blades.
- Perfect for whipping up batches of pesto, hummus, salsa, guacamole, and more, this chopper also comes with a sealing storage lid to keep ingredients in the container. Kitchen Utensils and gadgets, kitchenware, Kitchen Accessories, kitchen helper and houseware.
Vegetable Chopper,Vegetable Cutter,Manual Vegetable Chopper,Stainless Steel Vegetable Chopper
Yangjiang Homelife Industry & Trading Co., Ltd. , http://www.bettyhomelife.com